11.03.2008

imma weiner - PRAC 08 juried show

It turns out that if you're a decent artist, and decently lucky, and have someone who's willing to help you by shelling out hundreds of dollars for framing, you can win at these juried show dealies! I was mostly expecting to get totally wiped, this being my first juried show, but I was fortunate enough to have both pieces (the cat shoe pen + ink and the pistol and rose pastel one) I entered accepted as well as win one of the medium level awards. This is most cool! Jill and I hit up the reception on Thursday night with my Grandmother (who seemed to know everyone) and there was lots of good work and interesting people to be seen. Of 180 entries, 70 pieces were accepted. I entered the adult category and was probably the youngest person to take an award so that makes me feel speshul, aww. And what did my Grandmother have to say about it? "Win a bigger one next time!" Ok, I'm on it. Thanks PRAC, thanks Grandma. Z out.


2 comments:

vicki said...

HA, ajax.
that's MY neck of the woods, yo!

congrats on the awards, chum!

Hyein Lee said...

Congratulations!!
:D